Monday, May 18, 2009

Rachel Vaghts chapel

The other day I went to chapel and I heard Rachel Vaghts speak. I went on the spring break mission trip with her and became good friends with her so I was excited to hear her speak. She is an excellent public speaker. She relates to the crowd really well, her talk was just the right length, she is funny and she had a really good message. Those are four qualities that teachers need to have when teaching in order to get through to their students. In her message she was speaking mainly to the seniors, but it really struck me too. She spoke about how once she got back from our mission trip she just wanted to go back right away, she also spoke of how when she was done with college that she just wanted to stay and not go out in the real world. This was actually something that I was thinking about. I have been having so much fun in school that I was beginning to think I just wanted to stay in school forever, but then Rachel got to the end of her talk. In the end, she talked about how we need to leave and we cannot stay in school forever, what we need to do is go out into the world and do our mission in life. My mission in life is to teach and I am excited to go out and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment