Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blog #5

Over Easter break, my aunt who is a 3rd grade teacher brought up a good point when I was telling her what we were talking about in my Ed class. She was talking about how her ed teachers didn't really ever teach her anything really valuable for when she was actually in the classroom. I told her in this class I really feel like the teacher does a good job relating classes to things that will come up in the classroom. One thing she told me, she wished she would have had someone talk to her about is how to deal with tough parents. I though to myself, that is a good point, because during my J-term class, my teacher had to deal with his share of angry parents. I think this would be a good topic to discuss in class because it is something every teacher will have to deal with. I'm not sure that there is a perfect answer, but it would be nice to talk about some ways to deal with it. One thing she told me is to remember that you are the teacher and stick strong to your beliefs as a teacher, another thing would be to be consistent with all the parents, just like you try to be with your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment